05 March, 2014

Not good

I woke up last night with a sore throat.  I wouldn't be here at work if I didn't have an important meeting at 9 o'clock.  I am going to head straight back home after the meeting.

I had a call from the physical therapist yesterday with an opening at 1 o'clock so I took it.  That was a rough session.  She had me standing on my tippy toes and then told me to put some more weight on my injured toe.  I put a little too much weight onto it and I nearly fainted with the pain.  Holy cow - it hurt like ... well, it was excruciating.  I have a long way to go.  I was hurting quite badly after that hour and she told me to take it easy today on the exercises.  No problem there.  And good news, I get to expand the time away from my boot and take walks in the hallway in my regular shoes twice a day.  And again last night I gave Tink her 7 o'clock walk in regular shoes.  Baby steps indeed.  But with luck I should be able to start running by April or May.

No comments: