18 March, 2014

Lots of progress

Yesterday I set out at lunchtime in my running shoes to see how walking in them would feel and I am happy to report that it felt great!  I walked for 45 minutes and could easily done more.  It's sore when I'm walking but it's tolerable and there are no sharp pains.  I would, of course, prefer that there be no pain at all but I suspect that's going to be a little while coming.  In the meantime I can stand this and today I'm going to walk up to Trader Joe's.  I will most likely take the bus back, but I guess that depends on what I buy and how my foot is feeling.  Quite honestly, I think I could run now but I'll have to wait to see what the physical therapist has to say about that step.

So many trees and shrubs are blooming now.  It is SO pretty on campus and in the neighborhoods.  Tink and I went east for our walk last night, going to the P-Patch and up around the houses across 5th Avenue.  She doesn't always want to go that way, but I'm glad she chose it yesterday because it was quite lovely in places.  I think the cherry trees are blooming now as well so maybe I can get to the campus this weekend if it's not raining.  I have lots to do this weekend to get ready for my company next week.  I sure wish the Thornton Place hotel room wasn't booked.  It would make my weekend a lot easier.  Ah well, nothing I can do about it.

I only did about four rows on my Hitofude cardigan last night.  I have four more repeats of the lace pattern to go before I can do the three-needle bind off of the sleeves and start on the body, which will be a little more interesting since there are increases to incorporate.  I'm going to do like some other knitters and make modifications by increasing the number of repeats in the body portion to make the cardigan a bit longer.  I prefer that look.

I have been listening to A Confederacy of Dunces and while I like the story, I am not too enamored of the narrator which, as I said, is probably why it was on the BOGO sale in the first place.  I suspect the story would be greatly enhanced by a good narrator.  I will check to see if there is another version.

I need a vacation.  April 11 can't come soon enough.

No comments: