11 March, 2014

She keeps surprising me

You'd think, being 10 years old now, that Tink wouldn't have any surprises for me.  But that it is not the case.  Why do her surprises come so often when I'm getting ready for sleep?  I've been in a reading mood lately (thank goodness) and I had just gotten settled in bed, ready to have a good read and Tink started whining.  Typically this means she wants off the bed, and she either goes for a drink of water or goes to sleep in her bed under my desk.  But last night that was not what she was after.  She got off the bed and grabbed her ball.  She wanted yet another game of fetch!  I indulged her, rather than lay there listening to her making the ball squeak.  And squeak.  And squeak.  I always give her a nice game when we get back from her walk, and then maybe again around 7.  But nine?  Even taking into account we turned the clocks forward, it was an odd move.

I did have a nice little read after that and popped off to sleep, but she wasn't done with me.  She wanted off the bed again at 11:30, back on at 11:35.  And then at least once more during the night.  I think part of it is that it's warmer and I've got the window open more, so it is much louder in the apartment and her hearing is much keener.  I could have done with a few more winks, I won't lie to you.

I am right sick of this stupid boot!  Yesterday I wore my tennis shoes at work for 6 hours and took my lunchtime walk in my tennis shoes even though I don't have permission to walk outside without the boot.  I just couldn't stand it!  Yes, the toe is still sore, but I did make it through a pedicure on Sunday without any discomfort at all, so it's getting better and better.  I see the physical therapist tomorrow so hopefully I can get permission to ditch the boot.  I'll probably have to swear an oath that I won't wear high heels.  I think it's worth it.  At least for another few weeks, although I must say I am extremely tired of the wardrobe choices I have for flat shoes.  I think I've been wearing the same six or seven outfits for the last month and a half.

Big day tomorrow.  After PT I go to visit my lawyer.  It is going to be an interesting meeting.

No comments: