20 March, 2014

Chilly first day of spring

At least it's not raining!  It's going to be a beautiful day, but it is starting out chilly, that's for sure.  I've been sitting in my office, wrapped up in whatever shawl or scarf I've worn in these past couple of days. I don't mind.  I'd rather have the sunshine than the warmth.  That'll come soon enough.

The PT session yesterday was quite vigorous and having had an asthma attack in the night, I was sorry I hadn't thought to take another couple of puffs from the inhaler before I went.  With certain exercises my therapist was able to show me just how much weaker my entire left leg has become!  I was astonished at the difference.  That morning I had been tempted to wear my cute brown boots with a bit more of a heel than I have been wearing.  They looked so good with my outfit!!  I realized before I even made it to the bus however that it was a mistake and I wore my running shoes the rest of the day.  During my therapy session she asked me if I'd tried high heels yet.  How did she know??  I guess I'm that transparent.  Anyway, it's all good and as soon as I can comfortably walk 3 miles I can start slowly running again!!!  One minute running, one walking.  Today I'm going to go at least 1 1/2 if not 1 3/4.  I should be running before the end of April!

Here's my pet peeve of the day -- why don't people narrating audiobooks take the few minutes to find the melody to songs that are written into the book??  It drives me crazy!!  [rant off]

No knitting last night, although I got four rows done at noon.  I wanted to watch another episode of "True Detective" and that show is NOT conducive to knitting.  I'll probably do it again tonight.  I'm trying to catch up to the shows recorded on Ben's DVR since HBO is going away on the 25th and I won't have access to HBOGo any more.  That's the only thing I'll miss about not having cable.  Small price.

Now go out and smell the spring in the air!!

No comments: