03 March, 2014

Soggy weekend

Oh the title says it all.  What a mess this weekend!  Saturday started out raining, but by noon it was snowing.  It didn't stick around though, thank goodness.  Sunday was the same, rain rain and more rain.  Quite boring. 

My foot is getting better and better.  I can tell immediately when I have to stop using it.  Yesterday I iced it twice, so I think that is telling me I over did it a bit.  I walked Tink a couple of times and did a fair amount of shopping both days.  Well it's back to work today and, considering the rain, I won't be walking around outside at lunchtime.  I'll take it easy in the tennis shoes as well.  On Friday I walked out to the mailbox in the tennis shoes and by the time I got back to the office I was hurting quite sharply.  Mind you, it is probably half a mile between here at my desk and outside to the mailbox so I think I did really well.

Good progress was had on the Hitofude this weekend.  In fact, I sat up much too late last night but I was on a roll.  I had watched the first two episodes of True Detective - love love love it - and then just sat with a glass of wine, listening to the rain and knitting away.  I haven't done that in a long while.  I feel a bit guilty since I have not one but two books on my iPad now that I haven't even started and two that I have started!  So tonight I should knit first and then spend an hour in bed reading and see if I can finish off one of those books at least.

Rain makes me sleepy.  I wish I could just shut my office door and curl up on the floor.  But ... I can't.

No comments: