10 March, 2014

Spring is getting closer

I did go straight home after my meeting last Wednesday.  I felt terrible and went straight to bed.  Where I stayed, with the exception of doggie walks and soup pick up, for the rest of the week.  The sore throat, thankfully, did not get much worse so I skipped the doctor and instead dosed myself liberally with NyQuil and staying hydrated.  I had to cancel plans for Saturday and even yesterday I was still pretty achy, but I am here at work today.  I have too much to do.

I felt well enough to do a little knitting.  I meant to snap a picture of my progress.  It's a lovely lace pattern and I am quite anxious to get done with this first part and do the three needle bind off of the sleeves to see just exactly how this Hitofude is going to come together.  It is very very cleverly constructed.  I think my biggest hurdle is going to be getting the provisional cast on onto the third needle.  The provisional yarn is high contrast so I hope it won't be too much of a problem.

The weather is warmer and going to be in the 60's this week, so I am thinking we have seen the last of winter, although not the last of the wet weather since it's been raining like crazy.  We turned the clocks forward this week and it was nice to have that little bit of extra light in the evening, though with the clouds it wasn't much evident yesterday.

Only one more month and then a little mini-vacation.  I am anxious for it.

No comments: