26 March, 2014

Up from the deep

Don't you hate it when your alarm goes off when you are deeply asleep?  Oh it is SUCH a shock.  I got up but I sure didn't want to.

What I should have done last night is give my apartment a good cleaning since my nephew is going to be staying with me Thursday night.  But did I?  Well, I got some laundry done and got the kitchen cleaned up.  It just seems so wrong to have to clean after working all day.  I don't like it.  I'd rather take a few hours out of my weekend.  But tonight I'm going to have to do a few more things.  At least I'm a tidy sort of person so really I just need to vacuum, take care of the little bits of floor in the kitchen and bathroom and give surfaces a little wipe.  I'm just lazy when it comes to that kind of stuff, truth be told. 

I had a fine night, doggie walks in the rain, Subway for dinner, and silly TV and knitting.  Self indulgent I know.  And then I watched TV in my iPad in bed.  It was cozy and Tink was nice and quiet. 

I walked nearly 3 miles yesterday at lunchtime, in the rain.  Thank goodness I remembered my umbrella.  Today is PT.  I have been doing more strenuous exercises and walking more and my foot is a bit more sore than I would like it to be.  But I don't feel like I've actually re-injured it so hopefully this is the natural progression of the healing process.  I am wearing normal shoes all the time now and I can tell that the left foot is still a little swollen.  Patience.  Patience.  Patience.

No comments: