21 May, 2014

Not a fluke

Hoorah!  I had another great run yesterday so it looks like I'm back on track with my running finally!  I don't even want to think about how long it's been.  Not just since the toe fracture in January, but I had been slacking off for six or eight weeks before that.  I am feeling pretty darned good about myself.  Now today I take the afternoon off because it's noon knitting.  But tomorrow, it's back at it.  And now that I'm doing 3 miles rather than 30 minutes as my noon workout I think I will be able to quicken my 5K pace as a bonus.  Although I don't plan on doing any races for a few more months.

The weather has been pretty nice but now the clouds are starting to move in.  Why you ask?  Because it's Memorial Day Weekend holiday coming up.  The beginning of the summer season and it's always cloudy and sometimes even raining on this weekend.  Oh people love to plan parties and barbecues, but we are more times than not disappointed by the weather.  No matter.  I am not going to worry about it.  If it's nice, great.  If it's not nice - fine too.  I'll knit or go shopping or something.  At least I get a 3 day weekend and that's all I care about.  I feel just smothered by work.  I am unmotivated and crabby.  AND I have a meeting this afternoon that I haven't even prepared for.  *sigh*  I think I'll have another cup of tea and think about it.  yeah ...

No comments: