01 May, 2014

Happy May Day!

Hooray hooray, the first of May.  It's always been one of my favorite months.  And it's a beautiful day today - well, morning anyway.  It's predicted to get into the 80s later.  Mid-80s.  I don't suppose it'll be too hot at lunchtime but I'll be sure to get out there by 11:30 anyway.

We were only three at noon knitting yesterday.  My Hitofute is getting larger and I was only able to complete two rows.  I did another last night but the lap full of wool was too hot for me to do another.  This heat won't last. 

Because it was rather warm last night and I hadn't gone up to get a fan from my storage closet, I had the window open wide.  And oh was it ever noisy out in the square!  There was a gang of kids yelling and laughing and singing.  Yes, of course we're supposed to have security on the premises but they never seem to be around when this type of thing is happening.  I nearly called after being awakened for a second time, but they finally disappeared and I was able to sleep.  I am tired this morning.

The administrator came into the suite yesterday and commented that she was surprised nobody had called in sick, it was such a beautiful day.  Then she suggested that the staff might want to leave early yesterday and today to enjoy the weather and to decide amongst themselves.  I have been keeping my door closed both Tuesday and yesterday.  The noise ... the sneezing and sniffling of allergies and colds ... I can't take it.  So I was hearing this all through my closed door.  It doesn't really have anything to do with me, as professional staff.  I can come and go as I see fit.  But today  - so far neither of the women in my suite have shown up.  Crazy.

Things are rather slow around here and it's hard to self start when it's so gorgeous outside.  I too would rather not be here but here I sit.  On days like this it would be nice to be able to bring Tink to work so I'd have some reason to go on more walks outside.  [I'm only half joking]

No comments: