15 May, 2014

The disturbance

Last night I had to have the fan on all night.  Yes, it's that time of year again.  Tink is definitely not used to it yet.  We walked over to the mall when I got home because I had to pick up something from Macy's.  It was a longer than usual walk and she seemed just fine with it, albeit a bit slow in the heat.  When we get home we usually have a rousing game of fetch, but she wanted none of it and settled into a cool spot.  She was ready to go out again at around 7, all normal.  I had cast on for the Iwi at noon knitting so, since I had the fan going and it wasn't prohibitively hot, I worked a few rows, but by 8:30 or so she was bugging me so I decided to go into the "bedroom" to shut her up.  I had a book to finish.  She couldn't decided, unfortunately, if she wanted to be on the bed or off the bed and kept getting comfy, then whining to get off and then whining to be back on.   Very annoying.  I checked and she had food and water, so I just ignored her for a while. 

I finished my book - an odd one by Kate Atkinson called "Human Croquet" - and by then it was nearly 11 o'clock.  I was not tired at all.  Not a bit!  How annoying.  And to add to that Tinkerbell was still acting weird, so I asked her if she wanted to go out and *bang* she was right there, tail wagging.  Yes indeed, out was what she wanted.  What the heck?  I was wide awake anyway and it was nice outside, so I pulled on some yoga pants and put a hoody on over my nightgown and out we went, strolling.  It was lovely actually, still warm, people out in the square talking quietly.  We strolled and strolled and then when we got in she was ready for her game of fetch.  I guess it was just too hot for her earlier.  I am sorry I can't get her in for a grooming this weekend.  I have an appointment for the following weekend, but I suspect she's quite warm in her big fluffy coat.

I did realize after doing a couple of rows of the lace pattern that I was not getting it right in my in the round trial.  The markers I put in on the first row do NOT stay the same on the return purl row, which means they won't be static in the round either.  Ah well.  It's only 35 stitches, twice.  I will figure it out or not do this project.  There is no way in hell I'm going to do an over sized stockinette pullover on size 5 needles flat. 

Considering how little sleep I got last night I feel okay.  I will not run today either but start fresh next Monday.  The cottonwood is still too thick and it's heading into the 80s as I type.  It will be cooler next week.

No comments: