30 July, 2015

How I turned my 1 hour commute into 2 & 1/2 hours

Yes, you're reading that correctly.  Typically I leave here on a 4 o'clock bus, arrive at the garage at 4:30 and get home at 5.  However, last evening as I was waiting for the bus I had to dial in to a conference call meeting.  My bus was a bit late but my app said it was arriving now so a bus pulled up just as I was asked to enter the code for the meeting.  I glanced up, saw the numbers and got on.  It wasn't until the bus pulled off the freeway that I realized I was on the wrong bus.  I had gotten on the 540 rather than the 542.  In a panic, I got off at the very first stop.  That was wrong.  I got onto the metro trip planner and found that I needed to take another bus to the next stop where I could catch a third bus that would take me to the Redmond Transit Center.  Well, I missed the correct bus because I didn't realize I needed the one saying Kenmore.  And when I finally got a bus to the next stop, the Kirkland Transit Center, I had just missed the bus to the Redmond Transit Center by one minute.  ONE MINUTE!  That meant that I had to stand in the 90 degree heat for 30 minutes.  I arrived at the garage at 6 o'clock.  Needless to say I didn't feel like doing anything when I got home.  I was SO mad at myself!!  The dog had already had her walk, so I stripped off and had a nice shower, made myself a big bloody Mary and calmed down.  What a bone headed mistake. 

It's another hot day and I'm very busy.  At least it will go by quickly. 

No comments: