27 July, 2015

Things change

I have been waiting for things to pick up and they sure did on Friday.  I have so much work to do this week, which is a complete change from the way things have been these past few months.  I am trying not to get too worked up about it but I must say I'm glad it's finally starting.  I knew people would start getting frantic.  Now it begins.  I have to leave early this coming Friday so everything needs to be finished by then.  At least this one part of the job.  It's very nerve wracking waiting for the unknown, isn't it?  Now I know.

The rain came for the weekend and it was a lovely change.  I didn't get to the garden store.  I don't like to garden in the rain.  I had my hair appointment Saturday and got the shopping done and looked forward to my Sunday.  It was an orgy of knitting, I must say.  Oh I walked Tinkerbell and played ball with her.  I did laundry and baked cupcakes.  I made a complicated turkey meatloaf.  But I also knit and knit and knit and knit.  I am SO glad I changed yarns for the Shangri-la shawl.  I knew I was not into the Jo's Pride shawl and the yarn is much better suited for this project.  I finished the first repeat of the beaded pattern and got a few rows into the next.  It's just beautiful.  And it was a really good day.  I got enough real work done to feel like I hadn't wasted the entire day and enough knitting done to feel like I had a nice rest.  I did stay up a bit too late last night though and I'm SO tired this morning.  But once I get into my work I'll perk right up, I'm sure.

No comments: