17 July, 2015

The mileposts

How do you keep track of events?  Of time?  I mean, when you are asked a question like "What was the weather like this time last year"? do you think back to a birthday?  Maybe a major purchase - "Hmmmm ... well I bought my car in May and .....".  Mine is, of course, Paris.  And it was CRAZY hot there this time last year.  All over Europe, in fact.  Emma and I just sweltered in Belgium and Luxembourg.    We're heading for another hot weekend here.  Oh joy.

So, time again ... it's weird.  It has now been 12 weeks since I've been to Paris and it feels like AGES.  It feels as long ago as last summer, which I don't really understand.  Perhaps I should stop thinking about time.  It doesn't make any sense to me.

I am leaving work early today.  Ben & I are going out to dinner to celebrate.  We're going the Saffron Grill, one of our favorite places but someplace we rarely visit any more because it's near where I used to live and not easy to get to, especially during rush hour.  But we'll leave early and it won't be too bad.

Sleep is tops on my agenda for the weekend.  And chores and maybe lunch with Steve and Ginny on Sunday.  The following weekend Ben is golfing so I'll have most of Saturday to myself.  Maybe if I work hard I can get the shawl done.  I was knitting on it last night, but then I got distracted and my stitch count got off!  Grrrrr ... then I dropped a stitch as I was trying to fix it.  I brought it in with me and hopefully I can get back on track at lunch.  I won't go to the gym today because we're going out right after work and I don't want to have to do my hair.  I want to git!!

No comments: