15 July, 2015

I could have chosen better tomatoes

I don't know what possessed me to buy the Early Girl "bush" variety of tomato plant.  I only bought three this year because we had so very many tomatoes last year but they are not doing nearly as well.  Granted, I didn't spray them with Miracle Grow either and it has been beastly hot.  The cherry tomatoes are doing well.  There are lots of flowers on the plant and it's by far the tallest.  The Roma is finally getting some fruit as well.  The Early Girl?  There were one or two little tomatoes on it when I bought it and they are growing and one is even starting to show some color.  But there are no flowers on the plant and it doesn't look like it has grown much at all.  I am disappointed because those are by far my favorite of the three. 

I got some really good knitting done last night as I caught up with a couple of the good programs I have been recording on HBO.  The weather stayed nice - not too hot.  And I got to bed at a decent hour.  In other words I didn't "just one more row" myself into the wee hours.  Then again the coyote woke me howling.  It also makes another weird noise...... still it is a way off in the distance.  But loud enough that it wakes me up!  I did remember that last year I saw one on the side of Avondale on my way to the Transit Center early one morning.  Just standing along side the road.  I think they are kind of creepy.

I ran yesterday!  Thirty strong minutes on the track.  No pain then.  No pain now either.  I thought I'd be a bit sore, but it doesn't seem so.  I think I'll do it again tomorrow and see how I do.  I don't want to over do it, but at the same time I've got to push myself a bit.  It would be really nice to be able to race this fall.

No comments: