21 April, 2006

April showers

Oh it is really an April showers day. Saturday and Sunday it's supposed to be in the high 60's and maybe even 70 on Sunday, but last night and today it's rainy and wet. It was too warm to wear my waterproof bike pants so I got a bit soggy coming in. At least it's not windy and, as I said, we have a great weekend to look forward to. I was planning on going to my friend's open house on Saturday and then Sunday do yard work, but Ruth has invited me to the Mariner's game Sunday so unless I get out there early I guess the dandelions are going to have to wait. My neighbors are going to llllove that, I'm sure. Although ... here's a thought .... if I let it get bad enough maybe my neighbors will get sick enough of looking at it that they'll get rid of them for me. Oh probably not. But it's a nice thought -- wake up some morning and in the night the dandelion fairies have visited and taken them alllll away.

I started Knitty's Ribbon X-back yesterday and got a good bit done - one skein's worth anyway. I am so proud of myself for making something blue! Something weird happened though and I can't figure it out. I'm going to call it a "design feature" if anyone points it out. But it looks like I somehow turned it inside out at one point. I don't really know which is the "right" side when you're doing a seed stitch pattern in the round. Both sides look equally nice. I was sure that I was knitting it correctly but I noticed that the stitches looked a bit different at one point and sure enough, I looked inside and it was opposite of what I was seeing in the front. So I will have a 2 inch band of different stitches on the bottom. It will actually look like it was done on purpose but .... oooooo it's going to bug me forever trying to figure out what exactly happened!!

No comments: