28 April, 2006

Another gorgeous day!

Pretty soon I'll be able to bike to work without a jacket ... it's that nice outside! I do hope it continues for the weekend because I really need to get into the backyard and do some work.

I worked from home yesterday, having slept in because Tink had me up in the middle of the night cleaning up after her. I turned the alarm off and slept until nearly 8! I like working from home, but the down side is that I don't get my workout. I am a little undisciplined. To make up for it, I'm going to the gym Saturday morning. And I won't be running today because I am going to be someone's "Special Friend" at their school and I don't want to be all sweaty. I'll work double hard tomorrow morning.

Rather than tackle the frogging of the ribbon x-back tank, I wound the Lorna's Laces sock yarn (and that was a project!) and started my first toe-up sock. I used the Turkish cast-on method which makes a seamless start and it's wonderful. I should have cast on more stitches - I started with 8 and I should have started with at least 10 - because the toe of the sock is rather pointed. It doesn't show when it's on the foot, but while I'm knitting it, it looks weird. I think for the second one I'll cast on 10 and see how that works. It doesn't really matter to me if the feet aren't exactly alike. And I can make these longer on top too. I am always afraid when I'm making them top down that I won't have enough yarn, when in fact it looks like I could make two socks from one 200 yd skein. And I knit another flower yesterday too. What I need to do is go through my stash and find all the little odds and ends of yarn that I can use for flowers, make a bunch and then sew them on some t-shirts and/or tanks. Yeah .. another project, that's what I need.

No comments: