07 April, 2006

It's finally here

The day I can start running again. It's just going to be so painful! I just know it. And I'm going to have to start off slowly - run 15, walk 15, run 15, walk 15 ..... even so, it's going to hurt. Nice thing though - it does feel sooooo good when I stop. And I do know that it's not going to last for long. In two weeks I'll be back to normal and no more pain. And it is that knowledge and only that knowledge that makes it doable at all. Because did I mention IT HURTS!

Typical spring weather - one day it's lovely and sunny and the next cloudy and ccccccold! It's supposed to rain all the weekend, which is fine because then I won't have to do yard work. But then again, things are starting to get ugly. Unless you LIKE dandelions that is. Maybe while Tink is at the groomer tomorrow I'll do a little weed eradication. Or not.

Knitting has gotten a bit frustrating lately. I have gotten to the part of the first sleeve of the Noro Flower Power shrug where I need a smaller circular needle, so I am waiting for my delivery from Knit Denise. I ripped the Koigu sock off the circulars -- I still can't stand to look at that yarn -- and cast on for a normal, vanilla pair of socks (1 at a time, thank you very much) with some pretty sock yarn I got from Knit Picks. I got about an inch of the ribbing done. It's beautiful yarn, by the way. I definitely will use the Koigu yarn but after wrestling with those socks and then finding that the sock I worked on was gigantic, I just need to get it out of my eyesight for a bit. It's going to be make a beautiful pair of PLAIN socks. Finally I'm working on the skirt portion of the flower girl set and that's where stamina comes in. It's just 83 rows of garter stitch. I can't do that unless I'm watching a movie or something - it's just too boring. Still waiting for the final skein to finish up the top. I bought Deco ribbon yarn in a color other than green, pink or purple! Yay for me!! It's a beautiful light blue. I bought it to do the X-back top from Knitty. I wanted to do it last year but never got around to it. This is something I can wear on the cruise, if I get it done by then, or work on while I'm on the boat (if I feel the need to knit, that is).

No comments: