03 April, 2006

It was a bonus!

I totally spaced on daylight savings time so it was such a nice surprise when I got the paper Saturday morning and saw that I got to turn the clocks forward! Whoooo! The dark days are behind us. I was also thrilled to wake up to rain Saturday because that meant I didn't have to do yard work (I am so lazy when it comes to that).

I am looking forward to a totally girlie evening tonight. My friend Ruth won this at an auction a while ago. A limo will pick us up (four of us), take us to dinner and then .... wait for it ... psychic readings!! Oh baby. Does it get girlier than that? I was also instructed to "dress sexy". I don't need to be told twice. I think it'll be leather pants and a red silk cami.

Saturday I ran some errands and then worked on those darned socks -- well sock singular now -- until my hand hurt from that stupid ribbing. I put it aside and started my beadless version of the Flower Power Shrug in Noro Kuryeon. It looks fantastic, by the way. I'm almost done with the back. Anyway, by Sunday when I picked up the sock again I realized that I was going to run out of yarn, which is odd considering I'm making a woman's sock, right? But that sucker is HUGE! I put it next to my first pair and it's like for a man or something. I checked the gauge. Yup, right on. So I don't know what the heck is going on but I am sick to death of the yarn by now and I hate hate hate the pattern down the foot. In fact, I don't like knitting lace socks. Perhaps something this complicated was not the project to pick up for my second sock only. I am going to frog that and put that yarn out of eyesight for a while. I have a couple skeins of pink multi that I got from KnitPicks that I will use to make something simpler until I really have the sock deal down.

No comments: