26 April, 2006

It's getting a little itchy

I am feeling allergies already. Maybe because I mowed the lawn yesterday after work, but more probably because so many things are blooming. I was sniffley last night and my eyes were itchy and Tink was scratching even though she had her pills. I think it's going to rain sometime this week so maybe that will tame it down a bit. When I take an antihistamine it works all night, but Tink can only take 1/2 a Benedryl at a time and it didn't last all night last night. If she gets very itchy I can up it to 3 times a day, but I don't like to do that. Last year at this time she had that terrible skin thing so I can't really say how long it's going to last. I hope not long, for her sake as well as mine.

I could have finished my X-back top last night but I got the second "Lost" DVD and so I watched 3 episodes of that instead and that's not a program where you can be knitting anything that you have to really pay attention to, so I did a few more rows on the skirt for the flower outfit. (woohoo less than 20 more rows to go before I make the petal hem!!) I am going to finish up the X-back top tonight for sure though, then really concentrate on getting that outfit finished for Cat's little girl so I can get it out of my hair and do something fun! What I really need to do is go through my stash and get it organized (hah, famous last words, right?). I had bought yarn to make the fancy cabled shrug from IK, but I didn't like the reverse stockinette background so I ditched it and I have enough yarn from that to make a little bolero, which I might do. Then I've got enough sock yarn for two pairs plus I've got tons of recycled cashmere in pink and yellow. Definitely have enough of the yellow to make a shrug but I think I'll start with socks. They would be nice gifts down the road.

No comments: