20 April, 2006

It was a little spooky

After the dentist and a hair appointment I just wanted to veg last night so I started watching my first Netflix disk of "Lost". I watched two episodes and I must say, it was a little spooky! But good. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think I'll be able to completely catch up before even the end of this season but I imagine there will be repeats of the second season this summer.

So, while I was watching I finished the last bit on those socks and hey! I'm actually going to post a few pictures. I have been very lax about posting FOs. Socks are pretty boring so I got Tink in on the act. I like the feel of this yarn but I don't like what it did on the top of the foot while I was making the heel. Big wide bands of color. Other than that though, nice and the second pair of wearable socks I've knit. I ordered some Lornas Laces from Jimmy Bean yesterday. I shouldn't have, but there ya go. Just a teensie bit of retail therapy.
And, because some kind soul posted about a closeout of Noro on WEBS, I managed to snag six skeins at a great discount and made the Flower Power Shrug from IK Spring insert from '05, but I did it this time without the beads. It turned out great! It's still a little cold to wear but I'll be ready for the good weather. Here's a closeup of the pattern and then a longer view.

No comments: