18 April, 2006

My absolutely most favorite flowers in the whole world!!

Lilacs!! They're getting ready to bloom all over the place! I think I know every alley and sidewalk where they grow in my neighborhood. It's one of the best times in the whole year to walk the dog. I have a tree that hangs over my fence in the front so I can see the progress. They are just starting to open, but there's not much scent yet. Soon though!

Yesterday was a looooong day. I had to take Dad to the doctor so very early in the morning and I hadn't had much of a sleep Sunday night because I was just a little worried about my first anatomy exam. And instead of studying on Sunday as I should have, I took a nap. I tried to cram while I was waiting for Dad and for a little bit after I got to work, but just said the heck with it and took the test. I was worried I was going to embarrass myself but actually I did okay for having missed a lecture and not having done the reading. And now I know - read before lecture or you'll never get caught up. So after taking my nephew to his appointment I got home at 7 and was just dead tired. I ate something and managed to stay away until 9 or so. I knew it was too early to go to bed but I was trying to knit the toe of my sock and kept losing count so I figured I'd cut my losses. Of course, I ended up waking at 3 am. I got back to sleep - it wasn't too bad. And now I'm rested up and feeling GREAT! I'm checking out a new restaurant tonight. Could be good.

No comments: