17 March, 2008

The cherry trees

I don't know why they much such a fuss about Washington, D.C. The cherry trees here in Seattle are just gorgeous. No no ... I know why they make a fuss but still. It is very very spring-like around here, even though it is rainy.

Busy busy weekend again. Thank goodness the inhaler is working and I'm now almost entirely cough free. I couple times Saturday night I had little coughing fits on stage but I think it was because it was so warm and my throat was getting dry. I felt good (except for getting ticked off at the keyboard player ....) but I was sure tired by the time I fell into bed.

That morning I had an appointment to try on some dresses, which was exhausting. Those things are heavy! My preferences are evolving. I want to be able to move and dance. I had some lunch and a nice long nap and that's what made Saturday night bearable. I really really wanted to be able to run the race Sunday but there was no way. There is another coming up in April and I will make that my goal. I also knit on the Simple Knitted Bodice after my nap and I have only 6 more rows of the body. Sunday after I got the laundry going and Tink walked I went to the LYS and I bought a couple more circular needles so I can do the sleeves like I do socks, 2 at a time on 2 circs. With the lace work I think it would be best so that I can make sure they're 100% the same. I had a meeting with my real estate agent on Friday evening to talk about what needs to be done to my house to get it ready to list and so I could have been starting on a few of the hundreds of chores I have but instead I took it easy. Tonight though I must go buy some plastic bins so I can start "de-cluttering" my house. Not something I am looking forward to. Do you know how many books I have around? Not to mention the yarn. Oh heavens - I wonder if the dresser is going to make me move my stash? erghgh

No comments: