24 March, 2008

Progress


I finished the body of the Simple Knitted Bodice and transferred the sleeve stitches onto two circular needles and got to work on Saturday. Unfortunately my poor photography skills coupled with dark yarn adds up to a bad picture. I am almost half way through with the chevron lace pattern. It's moving right along. If I can keep it up this week I may be able to finish by the weekend! This picture makes it look like the yarn is gray but it is in fact black.

Had a lovely weekend. Friday night my BF took me to a really wonderful restaurant for a very special occasion. And then all Saturday, after errands and (whew) getting my hair cut, I had all afternoon and evening to knit. Yes ... oh yes, I should have mowed the lawn. But I didn't. I knit. And knit and knit some more. It was very nice.

After a nice brunch with some friends and some much needed house chores I set to knitting some more!! I tell you - it was a great knitterly weekend! But since this is a rather complicated procedure, knitting the sleeves on 2 circulars as well as having lace knitting, about 1/2 a glass into my pre-prandial glass of wine I decided that unless I wanted to look forward to ripping back a few inches of lace I should just put the project down and go for something simpler. So I worked on a blankie square as we watched just about the worst animated moving I have ever seen. I love animated movies! I could watch The Incredibles over and over again (and I have), or Monsters, Inc. or Toy Story. But Bee Movie? It was just bad. No wonder they were hyping the dickens out of it.

No comments: