07 March, 2008

Oh where's my resolve???

I vowed that yesterday I would get started on the Clue 4 part of Mystery Jacket. And in my defense I did start, but my eyes were tired and I goofed up at row 8 and so had to rip it out. And rather than start again, which I should have done, I worked more on the Simple Knitted Bodice, which I am now so in love with and can't wait to wear!!! But this evening the Clue 5 will be posted and I haven't even started Clue 4!!! So I MUST do it tonight. And the good news is that I don't have anything at all going on so when I get home I'll do the barest minimum house clean up and then put on some music and get a good run at that panel. I mustn't get behind and I just don't have a whole lot of time this weekend.

Saturday I'm taking my BF's daughter shopping (first round, obviously) to look at Bridesmaid dresses and then that evening I get to go stay at a fancy hotel downtown and attend an equally fancy and formal gala that my BF's company is doing. It is oh so wonderful because he's the boss so he doesn't really have to do the work and often times gets to just enjoy the event and I get to as well. Not all the time, but sometimes. And I do so dearly love to stay in fancy hotels, don't I? Plus this gala is having a national act after the dinner and auction, so that's pretty cool too.

Sunday I'm having a super girlie evening. A few girlfriends and I are attending a charity event at another of my favorite hotels, The W. It's called "Bags and Bottles" and it's a benefit for Gilda's Club. Pretty simple concept - women bring new or "gently used" high end handbags for a silent auction and about 30 wineries pour wine as you nibble goodies and shop for handbags. What's not to love?

Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for knitting and THAT is why I have to jump on Clue 4 tonight!!!

No comments: