06 March, 2008

Have you noticed the birds?

That whole week and a half I spent sick and out of it -- well during that time it seems that Spring sneaked up! I wandered my front garden and saw that the Clematis my sister and I planted last spring and which ended up looking like dead sticks(!) is coming back to life! As are the weeds in the flower beds, of course. But there are daffodils blooming in my backyard and in the front as well. And it is noticeably lighter on both ends. AND the birdsong is different. It puts a spring in your step, doesn't it? Oh I wish that I felt good enough to ride my bike and run. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a long walk at ..... ah no, I just remembered we're looking at wedding venues today and tomorrow at lunch. [BTW - I have decided NO wedding talk on this blog. If I really feel the need to blather on about it I'll make a separate wedding blog so readers have a choice. And that's the LAST I'll mention it here. No. Really.] Well next week for sure I am going to start moving around. This cough surely must be on its way out.

Last night we had a rehearsal and a girl to audition for the 3rd spot. I really really liked her - such a nice girl and a good voice and she blended very well with Brenda and myself. I hope we hire her. I know she can't sing with us this coming Saturday because she's got another gig but then on the bright side we'd have another whole month to rehearse together. I must say, the sound of 3 part harmony is just thrilling to me! AND .. bonus .. we finally got to rehearse my new song - which is an older song but I love it - Put Your Records On. Now with 2 girls singing back-ups on that song it's really really cool.

I have been having a lot of fun knitting on my Simple Knitted Bodice but here it is Thursday already and I haven't even started on my fourth clue of my Mystery Jacket. So that's my chore for today - to start that sucker anyway. It's "Lost" tonight so I most probably won't be doing all that much hard knitting. That's the kind of show where if you're not JUST knitting or JUST purling you might as well put that project down because you know you're going to be ripping it out.

Oh! I almost forgot!! My friend Brenda, the other singer in the band, brought me TWO shopping bags filled with yarn and needles that someone had given her at her job. (She works in retirement homes as a nurse). Now I haven't really looked too far into them so I am betting they're most likely filled with mostly acrylic yarn but hey -- needles in there too! She wants me to make her a "hat with no top". She has fluffy hair - an afro - and she wants a knitted hat but she wants her hair to be able to come out the top. Cute idea. So that's my chore and it's an easy one. I can embellish it with simple cables and she'll think it's awesome. See? That's why KIP-ing is so important! You never know when somebody is going to come across a treasure trove like that and they'll think "Oh yeah, Shelley knits. Maybe she'd like it". Yeahhhhhhhhh baby.

1 comment:

Lick My Sticks said...

I heard a bird chirping yesterday morning at about 6am. I almost cried I was happy.