10 March, 2008

The clocks changed but not me

Oh boy -- what time did I get to work today, boys and girls? Uh ..... well, maybe a little later than I had hoped. It's that darned clock change!! It was darker. I was sleepy. It was raining and I biked in for the first time since I got sick ... oooo that's a long time ago. So yeah, I was a little late. Not too bad though. My bike ride was nice. It felt good to get back on that bicycle even though it was raining. My stamina was just fine and I was breathing okay but I did have a couple little teensie coughing jags. Again, not too bad. I feel g-g-g-good! I know I won't be able to run today but I think I'll tog up and walk/trot/jog just a bit.

Remember my Friday resolve? Yeah I remember it too. Here's what happened. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and OMG didn't all of the new spring magazines just happen to come out that day and I bought [oh this is embarrassing] 4 bride magazines. With best intentions to just flip through maybe one of them and then get right to that knitting I ended up spending four hours reading magazines, putting sticky notes on "important" pages (oh I'm rolling my eyes ... yes I am) and talking on the phone. Saturday and Sunday were just as busy as I had predicted and the two hours I had "free" on Sunday I spent washing the dog and doing laundry and cleaning my wickedly messy house. Tonight I have rehearsal so there's no knitting tonight either and I am now officially one entire Clue behind my Mystery Jacket KAL! I have GOT to get caught up ASAP. I can start on Tuesday, I hope.

The gala Saturday night was just fabulous and I laughed myself to tears at Colin Ferguson. That guy is hilarious! The Sunday girlie evening was wonderful as well. At the purse silent auction I was bidding willy-nilly because ... well it's just fun and if you win one, well that's fun too. Unfortunately I won 3 on the first round!! Two Kate Spade bags (!!!) and one Coach. However [and I am really miffed about this] the Coach bag, upon closer inspection, is a fake. I hate to say what I paid for a fake Coach bag. Yes sure it was for a good cause but still, isn't that a bit creepy? I'll give it to my BF's daughter because she doesn't mind carrying knock-offs but still ...grrr. AND women were taking the silent auction slips for the really good bags and hiding them!! For cryin' out loud ladies (and I use the term loosely) WTF??!!

And that's all the ranting I'm going to do today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ack! I get all behind in my blog reading and I so missed that you got engaged. CONGRATULATIONS!!