27 March, 2008

My Lava Lamp is SOOOO cool!!!

No, seriously. It is seriously cool. The blobs go up. The blobs go down. Mesmerizing.

I took a quick run up to the store last night and as I was listening to the rush hour traffic report I found out that it was snowing about an hour south of Seattle. Snow. In March. It has been cold, that's for sure. And sure enough, a few hours later it started snowing here! It didn't stick but it was nasty and cold and wet. It's not bad today. Still cold but at least not precipitating. I hope it warms up before my sister gets here - just a little bit anyway.

I had a decent run yesterday, although the cold air just burned my lungs terribly! I managed to run a bit further than Monday before I had to walk. My goal tomorrow it to run at least 15 minutes, half of my normal, before I take a break. I have learned the hard way that after a long break it is best to err on the side of caution when starting back up. I am counting on being able to race in April.

With best of intentions I picked up the SKB, but had left the instructions upstairs and since we were just starting a movie I said to heck with it and picked up that blankie square instead. Oh man, another stinky movie!! That's two in a row. This one was called "Enchanted" and it was just awful! I imagine that it appeals to a very narrow demographic - little girls under age 14. The previews were cute. I got sucked in. Don't risk it. It sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Congrats on the lava lamp score! Wait, I can't believe it's that cold - what the heck??