18 March, 2008

We need some imagination people!!

I don't like to paint with such a big brush but why do Americans think that Sinead O'Connor and U2 are the only Irish bands out there?? Oh yeah ...... the Cors and the Cranberries too. Being as it was St. Patrick's day yesterday Irish music was the thing to play. But I swear EVERY time I got in my car yesterday and turned the radio on I heard Sinead O'Connor singing "Nothing Compares To You"! Arghghghghghgh!!!! That's 3 times!!! We all have a few songs that grab us by the throat, so to speak. Or turn us inside out. Or whisk us back in time. Or do all three and then some. I must admit I have a few too many. It's hard. I have managed to take a good many of them off my iPod but once in a while one will sneak up on me. I forget where I was last week .... I got blind sided and stopped right in my steps. Don't say it - I know. I need to get a grip.

The rain has stopped and today it's just ... oops spoke too soon. It's cloudy now. I had to drive in today but it is THE LAST DAY I will drive in. Tomorrow I'm biking in and I'm going to start back running. Slowly, obviously, since it's been since February 19 that I had my last real run. I remember because when I went to the doctor on the 21, so sick, I whined to him "But I even ran on Tuesday!". And I have those new shoes and running tights that I've only worn twice. Thank goodness I've been careful plus which my appetite was off for so many weeks - and I haven't gained back any of the weight that I had finally managed to banish. Cough is like 90% gone. Yay!

No knitting last night and it doesn't look like I'll have much time tonight either. I do so want to get the body of that SKB finished up and start on those sleeves. They'll go fast. I want to wear that thing!!

No comments: