01 May, 2009

How to tell if you're playing too much Wii

Little bits of tunes play in my head. There always seems to be some song or another stuck in there and playing over and over, whether I'm conscious of it or not. Lately I've found myself humming along to that music and lo and behold, they're all songs from Mario Kart!! I should be ashamed, I suppose, that I play so much Mario Kart that I can sing the melody to each of the races. I gave myself a break from my Wii last night though and just knit.

I was wiped out yesterday. My ride in was a chore, I got my running gear on at noon and went out to run and ended up jogging 10 minutes, walking 3 or 4, jogging again. It was brutal!! I had absolutely zero energy. And the ride home - again quite the chore. I managed to drag myself inside, had a shower and then collapsed in my comfy chair and read the paper and then knit on my Radiate. My DH took care of dinner last night - and lucky, too, because I wasn't about to cook a meal. I worked on my two toned sock while watching a little TV and fell into bed at 9:30! I do feel moderately more energized today and my bike ride in was not quite so trying. In fact, I was right on pace. I can only surmise that I am low on energy because my sleep got messed up early in the week. Tomorrow I'm sleeping in!!!

No comments: