03 May, 2010

Day 1 of 20

Today starts the bicycle commute challenge. There are over 4,000 people participating. I have got to find out what the prizes are so I will know what I am shooting for. It was VERY windy this morning but at least not raining, as it was predicted. It was slow going.

I had the best type of weekend. I got up and out early both days and got my chores done so that I could have nice long afternoons for knitting. Mr. M was away both days so I had peace and quiet, a new audio book and my comfy chair. I did so much knitting that I had to finally throw in the towel yesterday afternoon because my hands were getting sore! But I got the sleeves attached and got working on the yoke. I have about an inch or so more to go before I start the cable portion of the yoke. I did try it on yesterday afternoon and it's going to be just perfect. I do need to find exactly the right buttons though.

Early Sunday I made a visit to the local garden store and bought vegetable starts, herbs and compost. Unfortunately the weather was just terrible yesterday afternoon so I didn't get them in but they're all sitting on the deck waiting for me. Maybe one afternoon after work I can start. And if not, this weekend for sure. It's supposed to be nice.

No comments: