10 August, 2010

Ain't superstitious BUT ....

a black cat did cross my trail this morning.  I had seen that cat before on my way down to the trail.  Today it crossed right in front of me.  Considering the bad news that has been coming my way lately I am going figure it is retroactive.  In other words, he meant to cross in front of my path last week but didn't quite make it. 

Because of the bad news I received yesterday - that of an old friend passing - I was in a rotten mood.  I spent lunchtime listening to my book, "Innocent" [a continuation of the story "Presumed Innocent" which was a terrific book and not a bad movie either] and ground out another two rows on the Cloisonne jacket.  Once I get the color work done it's going to go quite quickly.  Six down, 34 to go.

I didn't do any knitting last night at all.  I spent two hours doing a couple of mock drafts for my fantasy football team.  I have decided I'm going to join two leagues - one with Yahoo Fantasy Football site and the other with the NFL.  I have learned quite a bit.  For instance, I am not going to do the auction draft.  It's really going to make watching the games a lot more fun.  And if I can get the hang of it maybe my nephew will let me play with his league next year.

My knee felt good enough for me to ride my bike in today although I think I'm going to just walk at lunchtime rather than run because it's still a little sore.  And it was raining this morning, just to add a little extra misery to the day.  This should be it for the bad weather for a while, according to the forecasters.  It is supposed to be back to hot by the weekend.  That means I'm going to have to prepare myself for an early morning session in the back garden Saturday morning and maybe Sunday as well.  And for sure I'm going to measure that area this weekend so I can start getting things together for the patio project.

No comments: