18 August, 2010

The heat's off

Quite a change today.  The weather is much cooler.  The predicted high is only 74 today versus high 80s and low 90s.  It's quite pleasant although I was hoping for a little better weather.  Mr. M does a lot of high end charity events and one of my favorites is the Wine Picnic at St. Michel winery.  This year I am attending as a real guest rather than someone who slips in the side and mingles with the crew and bringing my friends Steve and Ginny ... Steve who is coming with me to Arizona Friday.  Anyway, it's only predicted to be 67 degrees on Thursday which is going to seem downright cold after the heat we've been having.  If it's sunny it won't be too bad.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the eye doctor and so got in to work rather late.  The visit to the eye doctor was routine.  I never remember, but when the contact lens place won't renew my prescription then it's time for me to go.  I have been bothered these past six months (!) or so.  I just chalked it up to allergies or hours in front of the computer screen, but sometimes my eyes would get so dry I could hardly see on the ride home.  And it was getting increasingly difficult to read or do any close up work with my contacts in.  So she switched me to daily disposable lenses, which I hadn't thought I could use because I had been using multi-focal lenses.  Turns out I can get the same benefits with these, or so it seems so far.  And I love the convenience and comfort of a new  pair of lenses every morning.  Also she gave me some eye drops for the irritation.  I'll go back to see her after I get back from Arizona and hopefully I'll be back to normal.  My eyes feel great, for what it's worth.

I still haven't decided what project to take to Arizona with me!  I'd better nail that down, and soon.  Tonight I've got to decide what to take with me because tomorrow I've got to get my bike to the shop for a tune up, get a pedicure and have my hair done, plus take Tink to the boarding place and get home in time to change and get ready for Ginny to pick me up around 3.  I won't feel like packing when I get home that night but I might have to if I can't get things settled this evening.

Noon knitting today and I've brought my Cloisonne jacket in.  I haven't done a row since noon knitting last Wednesday.  At this rate ....

No comments: