13 August, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Sunshine, homemade cafe au lait, my doggie asleep at my feet, my pink pajama bottoms and pink tank top.  The house is clean and quiet and I've got a stack of work to do.  This is going to be a good day.  If I get enough done by lunch I'm going to take a quick run to Trader Joe's when it's relatively quiet.

I was surprised  by not one but two books waiting for me yesterday.  I was expecting one of them, the new Debbie Bliss book 52 Days of Knitting.  But the other was a gift from my nephew, the latest Anthony Bourdain book.  Can't wait to start it.  I didn't last night, nor did I knit!  I know!  What's wrong with me??  I got caught up in cooking dinner then when it was cleaned up I ran across an old, very old movie version of Romeo and Juliet.  So I watched that for a while and then drifted off.  I must have got a great night's sleep because I feel fantastic today.

I must get buttons for that cardigan this weekend.  And hopefully we'll be rehearsing tomorrow.  Still haven't heard from Doug, who is going to be quite angry (I suppose) that I won't be here the following Saturday.  How many weeks now has it been since I've been able to rehearse with them?  A few.  Ah well, it's not like we've got gigs lined up or anything.   I'm going to practice my uke skills this weekend as well so I can take it with me to Arizona.

No comments: