06 August, 2010

Why I got back on Twitter

I was very gung-ho about Twitter last year and downloaded the app and started following people and Twittering away like a madman. But then ... it really started to annoy me. There was so much noise! And so many people trying to sell you things. I finally just quit and took the app off my iPhone. Then Ginny, Mr. H's wife, asked me to get back on Twitter and follow Mr. H whom she had convinced to get on Twitter. Don't ask me why - I never could get a good answer from her. They both have iPhones and like me, she is a real gadget person. Him, not so much. She's had to drag him along. But he liked Twitter so, what the heck, I got back on it. AND I am much less annoyed by it than before. I just quit following so many people! I don't know why I didn't think of that before but there ya go. Now I just follow a few comedians, my favorite sports writer, a tech writer and, of course, the knitting Twitterers. That's more fun. And I'll send out a Twitter now and again, mostly re-Tweeting a joke or some knitting thing. Follow along. @sgolard

My sister's boyfriend loves the finer things in life. Truly, that man has more shoes and cashmere sweaters than my sister and me combined. He found a place in Florida that sells alligator belts. They are not allowed to ship to California so last summer before they came up to visit he had one shipped to my house so that he could get it when they were up. My sister just sent me an email yesterday saying that another one is coming. He called me yesterday to tell me to expect a package any day and it was NOT my birthday present. That would be something else, he said. Okay. When I talked to my sister later I told her about the phone call and she laughed. When he asked her for my address and told her what he was doing she told him that if an alligator belt showed up at my house on my birthday week I would assume it was a present and he'd better send me some flowers. Because he's never even sent me a card, I was a little taken aback when he said that about a present. Nice, though. Because now I am expecting some fancy flower arrangement on my doorstep.

I did have a run yesterday and even though I started out earlier than usual it was still bloody hot and humid! It took me an hour or more after I was done to cool down. Today it's cloudy and much cooler. In fact I think it's going to rain most of the weekend, which is a shame since it's Seafair weekend and there are hydroplane races and all sorts of parades planned. But on the positive side, I'll have a much more comfortable Fartlek Friday. I still haven't decided if I'm going to run the Iron Girl 5K. That no headphones things really rankles.

No comments: