05 August, 2010

And yet another few reasons why I love my iPhone

I did call my friend yesterday about going down to Arizona for the memorial for his son and he said it would really mean much more to him if we came down after all of the major commotion was done.  I can completely understand that.  When the reality sets in is when he's really going to need support.  So we are going down on the 20th and I'm staying until Tuesday evening.

I'm going down there with my friend Mr. H and (with assistance from his wife) after we decided on the travel schedule I used my iPhone to book my flight and pay for it.  How cool is that?  I used the Southwest Airlines app.  I just LOVE doing stuff like that!  Another thing I love my iPhone for is when I'm in the car and I hear a song I like.  I can use the SoundHound app to identify the song and then buy it and it's in my music library.  Here is my latest can't get it out of my head song by The Script:

I was much too upset on Tuesday to run so I MUST do it today and it's going to be brutal.  It's already so hot and humid.  I didn't even need my jacket on my ride in after I got down the hill to the trail.  And actually I could have gone without it even going downhill.  I'll have to get out there early to run.  I sure wish we had showers here.  I know you would just assume we do have showers but ... not.  I could go to the IMA but it's a mile walk from my office and hardly worth it.  I have seen plans of a locker room being added to the remodel of the South Campus Hub with room for bikes and kayaks.  That would be reasonable.  I hope they get it done soon.

No comments: