16 August, 2010

Just call me zombie

I woke up early this morning -- 2:50 am to be precise.  Tinkerbell needed to go downstairs and since we have Mr. M's son staying with us again the bedroom door has to be closed so I woke up and let her out.  I got myself a fresh drink of water and went back to bed.  I did not fall asleep however.  I tossed and turned for the next 3 1/2 hours.  I am a wreck.  I had already decided to take the bus to work today since it's going to be over 90  again and while the ride in would have been lovely, I just could not picture toiling away into the sun up that hill in 90 degree weather.  So it's going to be a bitch of a day.  I already feel like I've been run over by a truck and it's only going to get worse.

The weekend was hot hot hot!  I got my errands out of the way early on Saturday and stayed inside doing laundry and listening to my book and doing a little knitting.  I started a new project.  I found 3 skeins of Noro Hana Silk that I had forgotten about.  At first I tried a lacy wrap but I didn't like the fabric that the silk ribbon was making so I instead started a scarf from the new Debbie Bliss book, The Knitter's Year.  I added 18 more stitches to the width - another repeat of the feather and fan - thinking that plus the bigger gauge would make it big enough for a wrap.  I am alternating 4 row repeats with some Rowan Kid Classic.  Very soft but I am not sure it's going to be wide enough.  Anyway, it was something different to do.  I don't think it's going to be an appropriate project to take with me to Arizona though.

I did not hear from Doug on Saturday so just assumed we wouldn't be rehearsing because it was so hot and he hadn't called.  Plus the first pre-season game was on (Seahawks beat the Titans).  Sure enough though at 7:18 pm my phone rang.  It was Rusty, the drummer.  Doug always makes him call.  I didn't pick up.  I am going to have to call him Wednesday and let him know I'll be out of town this coming weekend. 

I got the back of the house area measured this weekend and on Sunday I went looking at pavers.  I have found what I want.  They are rustic cobble stone type pavers.  I am very excited about this project.  It's going to make the back so much nicer!  And useful.  And I won't cringe every time I look out there and see all those weeds.  Win win win .  I am going to shoot for having it done in September.  I've got to call and get some bids.

No comments: