09 August, 2010

Fun fun fun

Too much fun this weekend.  I am worn out!  I sneaked out of work a little early on Friday and did my shopping for Saturday dinner.  Contrary to my best intentions I did end up having a meal that I had to put together at the time so I moved the party to the more casual dining area in the kitchen and it worked out fine.  Mr. M gets very goofy at birthdays and made a trip to the novelty store so there was a lot of silliness.  And great cake and company.  He had also finished putting the theatre together so everyone got a dose of Avatar on the big screen.

Yesterday, my actual birthday, was spent quietly at home recovering from Saturday.  I did laundry and read some and listened to my latest audio book (Innocent -- it is really good) and did some simple knitting.  The Cloisonne jacket is a tough knit.  I brought it to work today and I'm going to have to treat it like a hard lace project and just plug away a couple of rows at a go.  In other words, it is not a fun knit but it is going to look great.

I ended up not running on Friday.  My knee was bothering me.  I think it was from the previous weekend when I had decided to walk to the grocery store and wore flip flops.  I had taken my pack but woefully overestimated its capacity and so ended up not only with a full pack but two bags as well to lug back up the hill wearing inappropriate footwear.  Then I wore super high heels on Friday and that was not a good idea either.  It's feeling better today so hopefully I can run tomorrow.

It rained hard this weekend.  The garden is loving it.  I am somewhat disappointed that all of the spraying that guy did with the natural weed killer does not seem to be working.  I wanted to get out in the garden this weekend but it did not happen.  Maybe next weekend.  My two roma tomato plants are full of fruit but the other two did not do well.  An heirloom tomato with a couple flowers but  no fruit and only two or three on the Early Girl. 

This year the first (preseason) football game was on my birthday, the Hall of Fame game, which I always take as a good omen.  For what?  I don't know .... the Seahawks' season?  Or the Huskies?  It's just going to be a good football year, I can taste it!  And I'm going to do a fantasy football team.  My  nephew has been after  me to do it and I almost did last year, but I don't really understand some of the details of drafting a team.  I am just going to have to jump in and do it and that way I'll learn.  And he'll give me pointers along the way.

And now .... let the week begin.

No comments: