27 August, 2010

I don't mind a bit of rain

After those few days in Phoenix it's rather refreshing.  I got my bike tuned up while I was gone and it was like riding a new bike this morning.  I hadn't realized how worn the brakes were.  And it shifts smoothly.  And it's clean! 

Things are really heating up here at work.  It was such bad timing to have to take those days away from work but I think I'll make it with energy to spare.  Next week is going to be pretty tough and the following week as well, but once we get rolling everything will be fine.

Here's a picture of the project I finally chose to take with me to Phoenix.  You are welcome to your own opinion, but MY opinion is that I must have been drunk when I was packing!  What was I thinking taking a blanket as a project in 110 degree weather?  Oh maybe that Mike's air conditioning would be turned lower than 80 but still.  It was nearly impossible to work with because my hands would get damp and the yarn wouldn't move through my fingers.  It's great TV knitting for this climate though.  And it's very soft.  The plain pink is cotton and the fluffy stuff is acrylic.  It called for a yarn called Bon Bon but they don't make it any more and I couldn't find enough balls to make it so I just bought some fluffy baby yarn and it works fine.  It's got to be washable, obviously, or I sure wouldn't be using acrylic!

This weekend I have my fantasy football drafts.  One on Saturday and one on Sunday.  And we're going to rehearse Saturday as well.  I found out that we have a slot in a show on October 1st or 2nd ... can't remember.  Just 20 minutes but it'll be nice to actually play in front of people!

No comments: