12 August, 2010

Oh the humidity!

It almost feels like Hawaii, it is so humid today!  My hair is unmanageable when it's like this, especially when I get off the bike.  I've been bringing a clip to work with me these last few days because it's the only thing I can do with my hair -- pull it off my face and clip it.  It's either that or a pony tail. 

I did only one row on the Cloisonne jacket at noon knitting yesterday. 7 down, 33 to go.  It hurts my hand because on the knit rows I'm holding one strand in each hand and when I do the Continental side my hand is not used to it and it's not strong.  So after a while it hurts.  It hurts like when I do lots and lots of purling.  So I'm taking it easy.  But I am going to have to start up a couple more projects.  I'm  nearly done with the Green Gables.  I have maybe 4 inches to go, then some ribbing and finishing of the arms.  I could maybe pick the modified Simple Knitted Bodice I've had hibernating for I don't know how long.  Looking for my other size 2 needle is going to be chore number one for the weekend.

I hope to be able to work form home tomorrow.  Mr. M is leaving early for Oregon and won't be back until very very late.  I have a stack of syllabus chapters to reformat and edit and heaven knows I can do that at home just as easily as I can here.  And it is supposed to be super hot tomorrow.  I can get the A/C going first thing in the morning and be nice and comfy all day.  I will re-visit this later today.  Fingers crossed, I can work at home.

One of my friends gave me a gift certificate to one of my favorite on-line yarn stores and now it's burning a hole in my virtual pocket!  I can't decide what to get but I love thinking about it.

No comments: