02 August, 2010

I miss out on London again!!

Last year my sister was supposed to go to London for work but it was canceled.  This year she is going, she informed me, at precisely the worst time of the year for me.  Our plan was that she was going to go over for her business and then I would join her when she was done and we'd have a few days to hang around London and then pop over to Paris.  But I absolutely cannot leave work the first couple weeks in October.  I am SO disappointed.

Friday was pretty busy.  I worked from home and took my lunchtime to go shopping at Trader Joe's.  I just can't stand to shop there on the weekend but when I work from home I can go at noon and it's not so bad.  Besides having the guy there from the Dish Network I also had someone working in the yard.  It took the Dish guy several hours to get everything hooked up and ready to go.  I am very pleased at how he placed the satellite dishes.  At my other house they had to be put on the side of the deck and they were very intrusive, visually.  But I can't even see these!  Perfect.

My birthday present yard work went well.  He didn't finish everything but he did a pretty darned good job of it.  Of course, it's never ending.  I should really just bite the bullet and hire someone to do regular maintenance on it.  I am going to get started planning the patio.  To that end I had him kill the soil there with a natural solution.  I hope it works.  My next step will be to get an accurate measurement of the area so I can start pricing paving stones.

It was pretty warm on Saturday for knitting on the Cloisonne jacket but between Saturday and some time Sunday afternoon and evening I managed to finish up the lace portion of the body and do a few rows with the main color in preparation for starting the color work.  I have to increase 30 stitches across and purl one row and then start the pattern.  Here's how it looks now. 

Mr. M spent the entire weekend working on the theatre.  He cut pieces of wood to cover the three small windows on the side of the room behind the screen.  He built a frame for the screen (which is even bigger than I imagined) and hung the projector.  I must say it really is pretty impressive.  Once the room gets painted and the draperies are hung it's going to be really cool. 

No comments: