23 August, 2010

Heat wimp

This is what I have been called by people who live here. A heat wimp. Well so be it. It is just amazingly hot. Last night I started out sleeping downstairs because it seemed cooler than where I had been sleeping upstairs but after waking up drenched, I moved upstairs because I could get a breeze from the fan. Mike can't understand it. Obviously you become accustomed to it. I saw a guy on a corner holding a sign advertising some sale. He was wearing jeans, a T- shirt and a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up!! It was over 100 degrees.

I tried to knit when we got back from running around and the A/C, which had been off, was cranking. I made it fir about an hour but then it was too hot. You know how the yarn is so hard to handle when your hands are sweating.

Mike is out on a job. I may go out on my own if he is going to be long but I may just stay inside and read. It will take me a while to clean this place up too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Speattle said...

I feel you pain! I just got back from a week in Tempe, where we went to drop our son off at college. It was miserable. Thank goodness it actually rains for a bit and cools it down somewhat.

Next time try a product called "Chilldana" by Frog-togs. It is a special material that stays cold when wet and cools again when you re-wet it. I wore one around my neck and shoulders constantly down there and it did help. I got it at Sport Authority in Lynnwood.

It was so nice to get back home.