30 August, 2010

Fantasy draft weekend

I finally quit wishing I was in a fantasy football league and joined two of the free on line leagues.  My drafts were this weekend.  The NFL team got drafted on Saturday afternoon and the Yahoo one on Sunday.  I used a little different method in each draft and I'll be able to see which strategy made a difference - if either one of them do that is.  This is really going to make watching football more exciting this season.   To add further nerdiness to the whole thing, I'm going to make a spreadsheet with both rosters so I can keep track of which players on which teams are mine.  It's as complicated as you want to make it, that's for sure.  AND I also joined a Monday night football pool, which is really going to be fun!  It pays every quarter so I only need to hit one to break even and after that everything would be gravy. 

The  Huskies play their first game this coming Saturday and I'm SO looking forward to that.  Unfortunately it's on the road - BYU.  I sure hope it is a day game so I can watch it before rehearsal.

We had a great rehearsal Saturday.  It took me a while to get my chops back, so to speak.  I got a little hoarse but make it through.  We have a 20 to 30 minute spot on October 2nd at a reunion gig - musicians that went to a certain couple of high schools.  I didn't go to either one of them, but the guys did so that's okay.  We haven't chosen the songs yet.  Maybe next week.

I got most of my chores done on Saturday which left Sunday almost wide open.  Last Thursday I used my birthday gift certificate at Elann to purchase the Shining Birds Eyes Shawl yarn kit in white and it arrived on Saturday.  I was itching to start it but since I already have several things going I need to finish something before I can let myself cast on.  The blanket is the most logical thing since it's quick and easy so I spent quite a bit of time Saturday night after rehearsal and hours on Sunday working on it.  I had to stop for a while Sunday afternoon because my left hand was getting sore from purling.  If the yarn is not slippery enough, or if the yarn/needle combo is not slippery enough, then I need to help it off the needle with my thumb and therein lies the problem.  It's over half way done now.  I hope that sometime this week I can start the shawl.  It is HUGE and beautiful and not too complicated and very little purling.  I anticipate it moving right along.  The Cloisonne jacket -- I do a couple rows at Wednesday noon knitting but it is really not moving right along.  Once I get past the color work it'll go much quicker.

This is going to be a tough week, as is the following.  I woke up in the middle of the night and my head started to go into work mode.  I popped another Benedryl and managed to get back to sleep but I was rather drowsy and hit the snooze a time or two more than I should have.  The air was a touch chilly on the way in this morning.  A couple more weeks and I'll have to change back into long pants.  Booooooooo

No comments: