03 January, 2011

And a happy new year!

Oh it was a fun visit with my sister and a hectic vacation.  Busy maybe is a better word.  The snow didn't stick, luckily, and in fact the skies were clear for the entire time my sister and her boyfriend were visiting.  It was beautiful and very very cold.  Mr. M volunteered to pick them up Thursday night because I wanted to get the dinner ready and I didn't really want to drive on the icy roads.  It worked out fine.  AND the Huskies won their bowl game!!!  Awesome game!

After dinner we had our Christmas.  Since I hadn't been able to go to London with Kelli in the fall and she knew how disappointed I was, she had bought me some things there at Harrod's -- a pretty key ring and a watch with a Westie on the face and a gorgeous pair of gloves.  Pink gloves.  

On New Year's Eve day we went shopping for the New Year's Day open house I had decided to have.  We had so much fun buying tons of stuff for the party.  Then we went home and just relaxed.  That evening we went for a fabulous dinner at a French restaurant called Bastille.  On our way out I picked up my  new gloves to wear and then realized they were both for the left hand!!  When she had purchased them they were hooked together. Too weird.  And sad, because I loved those gloves.  We watched the fire works from the Space Needle on the big screen and went to bed at a decent time.

New Year's day we got up fairly early.  Mike, Kelli's boyfriend, had hurt his back on the way up so he had an appointment for a massage.  Mr. M took him and Kelli and I started getting things ready for the party.  I like to get everything set and then have a few minutes or an hour to put my feet up and just relax before the onslaught.  I had just gotten settled in my chair and did about 10 or 15 stitches on a project and they started arriving.  It was a good party.  And we all slept in late the next day.

My car battery died so yesterday got all messed up and to make matters worse I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.  While my car was being fixed we took the ornaments off the tree and stowed all the decorations.  The car was fixed by around 3 but by then I was really feeling under the weather so I ran off to do my errands and Kelli and Mike took Mr. M's car and went out for a couple of hours.  We were only having crab for dinner so it was not a meal I was going to have to slave over.  I went upstairs to my room with my new, beautiful comfy chaise and sat in the sun and knit for a while before the football game started.  I know it is VERY irresponsible of me but I started a new project on Thursday.  I was sitting on my chaise just looking at my yarn stash and feeling a strong urge to use that Noro Chirimen I had purchased a while back.  There is a cute top on the front of  Eternal Noro, a pattern book I had gotten a month or so ago, and I just cast on for it!  It is not like I'm not finishing projects.  I made a scarf and a couple of hats and all those mittens.  This is just an indulgence.

And now it's back to work.  Hello real world.  After a week on vacation it was a very rude start to the day -- 6 am instead of 9 am.   I am not feeling any better than I was when I got into bed last night but I had to get up and get them to the airport and get into work.  Winter quarter starts today and although all my sites are ready to go there will be lots of posting to do.  Thank goodness I have my cruise to look forward to.  I only have to make it through two weeks and then it's off to paradise.

And now I'd better have some breakfast.

No comments: