12 January, 2011

A very sloppy mess

Sometimes the weatherman gets it right.  It did start snowing last night and it stuck.  It also warmed up during the night so the snow turned to rain.  When I got up it was raining steadily and the snow had turned to slush.  Sloppy, dirty slush.  Wet, cold slush.  I had been considering taking the bus - biking is completely out of the question and I don't like to drive in the snow.  But since it is not going to freeze anytime soon and it is a terrible walk to the bus stop, especially in slippery weather, I drove in and didn't have any troubles.  Other people further north are pretty much stuck in their neighborhoods unless they want to shovel their driveways or put chains on to get to the closest arterial.  Neither of those are good options.  It will melt fast enough.

I had a very constructive day at home yesterday.  I had just enough work to keep it interesting and enough down time so that I was able to clean up my desk.  Then in the evening I started sorting through clothes to pick what I want to take on the cruise this weekend.  I pretty  much have it down.  Now I just have to figure out how to make it all fit in the suitcase.  What?  Get a bigger one and then I wouldn't have to worry about it?  Well what's the fun in that??  Plus I bought Mr. M a great huge suitcase and he never fills his up, so I use it as an overflow.  Or I could use my rolling duffle.  I might just do that.

No comments: