07 January, 2011

The voices in my head

At lunchtime yesterday I took a long walk in the stormy weather and finished up "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand".  I so enjoyed that book and the ending was very sweet.   Major Pettigrew's voice is stuck in my head, making observations and generally amusing me.  I shall let him stay for a while.

For Christmas my nephew gave me the CD version of David Sedaris' "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk" and my friend McG gave me an autographed copy of the hardcover.  I put it on my iPhone a few days ago and listened to a couple of the stories on the way to work today.  Boy -- the stories are all over the map, just like his other stories, except the characters are animals.  What a mind that guy has. 

I did want to bike in but the weather, while not particularly cold, is windy and wet and oh so very very dark.  It just doesn't seems safe or fun at all to ride.  Now that my cold is gone, finally, I can get out at lunchtime and walk or jog, which I did yesterday and shall do again today.  It might not be as good exercise as biking back and forth from home, but it is something.

I'm still slogging away at the bodice of the Tepoztlan top.  I decided to just follow the pattern and assume that it's correct.  The few other people that made it didn't say anything about the bodice being written incorrectly so I'm going to have to follow my instincts.

As for a project for the trip -- I still haven't decided on anything.  I have a stack of books on my bedside table and I'm going to bring a couple along and do some reading rather than listening.  I know I will go nuts if I don't have something to do with my hands but I surely don't have to be busy all the time.  It's vacation after all.  Since the Tepoztlan top is being made with a cotton blend yarn and the knitting is very plain, maybe I'll just bring that, depending upon room in my suitcase.  Since I'll be bringing only summer clothes I should have plenty of space.  Well ... I've got a week to toss this ball back and forth, don't I?

Snow showers still predicted for tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.  Go Hawks!

No comments: