25 January, 2011

It's like I never left

I mean .... I have GOT to start taking longer vacations!  One week is hardly enough to relax let alone feel rested.  Not that I'm complaining .... oh wait - that's exactly what I'm doing. 

I picked up Tink yesterday from the Dog Resort.  They sure love her there but she was happy to come home with me.  After running errands and replenishing the groceries, I spent the afternoon unpacking and doing laundry and then had a nice long cuddle in my comfy chair with Tink and some knitting.  I worked on the linen top -- gosh, I can't remember what it's called  -- until I got to the part where I need to start decreasing rows.  That requires counting and it was time to start dinner so I switched over to the Noro project, had some dinner and knit and went to bed at 10.  I thought I might have a hard time falling asleep but thankfully I did not and slept all night except when Tink had to go out at 1:30 am. 

I took a book as well as audio books with me on my trip and I finished the hard back -- it is the autobiography of Steve Martin called "Born Standing Up".  It was quite good.  I've read other books of his, fiction, and I saw at least one of his plays.  He is an odd duck though.

My current audio book is "Skippy Dies", an Irish author and cast.  It is a large cast and I quite like it.  One main person does most of the narration but there are so many characters that it would be rather difficult for just one person to do it.  My inner dialogue is mostly in Irish accent these days.

Fingers crossed the rain stays away so I can have a nice hour outside on the trail this lunchtime.  I have a hair appointment after work so biking wasn't an option, plus which it is so wet again.  It looks like it's going to be nicer later this week so maybe I'll be able to bike a couple of days.  I haven't been on my bike for weeks and weeks!  The cold or freezing rain is much much harder to handle when I'm 8 1/2 miles away versus the 2.8 mile commute I had before. 

No comments: