11 January, 2011

Not my iPhone!!!!

Every night when I got to bed I turn my iPhone to silent and put it on the charger alarm clock on my bedside table.  When I wake up I take it from the holder and check my email while I'm still horizontal.  Or if I have insomnia and I want to play games or read email .... the point is that I pick it up off the charger and it comes to life.  Well, this morning I woke up at 5.  Since I am working from home today I wasn't too upset about waking so early since I can sleep until 8 when I work from home.  But oddly when I picked it up it didn't come to life.  Nor did it come to life when I pressed the on switch.  Five o'clock in the morning is perhaps not the best time to troubleshoot an iPhone so I put it back where it had been and fell back asleep, only to start the process over again at about 7:45.  But then I had an "aha" moment.  The reboot!  Thankfully that worked because I just really didn't want to have to buy a new iPhone now.  Not with the second generation 4Gs coming out this summer.  I can wait for that.  Or the iPad.  Hmmmm ... well not an issue now.

I have a couple of pieces of business to take care of here at the computer this morning, then I'm going to run a couple of errands before lunchtime and before the predicted snow.  I'm not too worried about the snow.  It is supposed to be well above freezing for the rest of the week.

As for the game last Saturday:  Seismic Activity Registered at Stadium after Seattle Seahawks Win
I read a little something about this yesterday and told the chairman, who is my best football buddy at work, and he thought I was pulling his leg.  This morning is was front page news. 

No comments: