13 January, 2011

My little Scrabble buddy

One of my favorite games to play on my iPhone is Scrabble and I do so nearly every day.  The latest update has a feature I just love called The Teacher.  If you turn it on it will show you the best word you could have played with your tiles after you make your word.  The Teacher is an animated tile that will grin if you play a word that earns as many points as the best word, or smiles if you're close.  However, it has a third expression -- a little moue of disappointment -- when you slack off.  Sometimes I find myself talking back to it.  I do learn new words though.

It is pouring rain today.  It woke me in the night, it was raining so hard.  I rather like laying in bed and listening to the rain if I don't have to get up in the morning.  Sometimes it makes me feel a bit melancholy though.  I sure am ready for some sunshine.

Tinkerbell is getting a bath tonight and then I've got to swatch that linen.  I am thinking of making a tank or a T-shirt so I guess I'd better find a pattern I like first and then go for gauge.  I guess I could always make another Sizzle. 

No comments: