10 January, 2011

A stunner!!

What an absolutely amazing football game on Saturday.  The Seahawks, 11 point underdogs, managed to beat the defending Super Bowl champions, the Saints.  It was just crazy!  And not a single one of the football analysts that I watch predicted this incredible upset.  They beat them, fair and square and by a darned good margin as well.   Next Saturday they play the Bears in Chicago.  Unfortunately we'll be traveling that day but I am hoping I can catch the second half once we land in Houston.  Only if they're winning of course.  I won't go out of my way to watch them lose.  I've seen enough of that.

Because the game was played on Saturday it felt like I was getting an extra day off.  It wasn't a very relaxing weekend though because I had so many errands and chores to do, getting ready for vacation.  The weather cooperated, thankfully.  No snow although I did see a few flakes on the way to work today.  I hope it's a really ugly week.  That'll make it all the nicer to get on the boat.

Saturday I finished up the bodice portion of my latest project and started on the front and back.  I was skeptical about the bodice and tried it on after I bound off.  It fits and I think the reason for the funny looking armholes is that the sleeves themselves are kind of weird.  I am kind of regretting this.  I don't know that I will actually wear it.  Should I frog it now or complete it and see how it looks then?  One more decision I can't seem to make.  The first being what project should I bring on my trip?  I know it's going to be something with the linen but that's as far as I got.

No comments: