06 January, 2011

The "S" word

That would be snow.  It's not snowing now and in fact it's not even cold.  But we are expecting a change and if not snow, it will at least be rainy and blowing and just plain icky.  And this is good why?  Well, the Seahawks won their division Sunday and so this weekend is the first playoff game against the New Orleans Saints.  Not only do the Saints have to travel 2,000 miles and play in Quest Field, which is the loudest stadium, but they would be at a further disadvantage if the weather was bad, coming from such a warm place.  So all over the radio this morning people were talking about snow.  I hope it does snow and I hope all next week is just miserable and wet and gloomy because I'll be getting on a plane on the 15th and heading to paradise and that would be just that much nicer if I were leaving behind snow as well as gloom.  Speaking of gloom -- yesterday was so dark all day that it was like twilight. 

I need to figure out a project to take with me on vacation.  And it has to be silk or cotton or linen ... something definitely NON-fuzzy.  Maybe I won't even pick it up but I would feel naked if I didn't have a knitting project with me.  Since we have a balcony stateroom this time and two entire days at sea before our first port, I can envision myself sitting on that beautiful balcony maybe listening to a good book or some jazz and knitting.  I do have a beautiful linen yarn that I bought a while ago thinking I'd maybe make another skirt or a top.  It's a lovely color - I'd say mushroom.  Not at all my typical colors but lovely really and I think it would make a great top with some kind of flowing sleeve to show off the drape.  I'll have to get on Ravelry and see what I can come up with.  I can't remember the yardage but I'll bet if I go to Elann's web site I can look up the order and figure it out.

No comments: